Certification to this standard is designed for companies supplying retailer-branded food products and can be used as a tool to ensure the safe manufacture of the foods produced.
Experience and Quality
These audits are carried out by experienced food safety professionals trained specifically to the BRCGS Standard. They include significant time in the process plant and a review of the quality management and food safety plans that are in place.
The Audit Process
Audits using the BRCGS Global Standard for Food Safety as a guide generally require at least 2 days to complete, and include a document review and physical inspection. An additional day is devoted to writing the audit report and managing the corrective action process.
AIBI-CS has auditors competent in the following product categories.
- Fruits, vegetables, nuts
- Prepared fruit, vegetables, nuts
- Dairy, liquid egg
- Ready meals and sandwiches, ready-to-eat desserts
- Low/high acid in cans/glass
- Alcoholic drinks and fermented/brewed products
- Dried foods and ingredients
- Breakfast cereals and snacks
- Oils and fats
In addition to the core BRCGS Food Standard, AIBI-CS also offers a range of voluntary modules aimed at reducing multiple audits by including requirements that historically required a separate audit. Sites interested in adding an optional voluntary module must notify AIBI-CS in advance of their BRCGS Global Standards audit.
- The BRCGS Standard and module requirements are audited together at the normal BRCGS audit (this may increase the total duration of the audit depending on the number of requirements in the voluntary module).
- Non-conformities relating to the module must be corrected and evidence provided alongside any from the BRC Standard.
- There is no grading of the module.
AIBI-CS maintains accreditation based on scheme owner's requirements. Contact us today to schedule your BRCGS audit.