Develop and apply risk-based preventive controls with online training for Preventive Controls Qualified Individuals (PCQIs)
Meet FSMA's Preventive Controls for Human Food rule training requirements for PCQIs* and learn how to develop and implement your facility’s food safety plan. ImEpik's PCQI Online training includes ten-modules aimed at Preventive Control Qualified Individuals (PCQIs) in the food processing industry that need to be proficient in hazard analysis, risk-based prevention and control (HARPC) standards as required by the Food & Drug Administration (FDA).
PCQI Online is an interactive, scenario-based course that covers the FDA-approved standardized curriculum components, including:
- preventive controls (process, allergen, supply chain)
- understanding and developing a food safety plan (verification & validation procedures, developing a recall plan, and recordkeeping procedures)
- cGMPs/prerequisite programs
The high-level, analytical content addresses the challenge faced by tens of thousands of food plants now required to record and verify food safety training for their designated PCQIs.
*Learn more about PCQI compliant training and what the FDA is looking to see from your company.
Who will benefit from PCQI Online Training?
This course is focused on the personnel in FDA-regulated facilities who are responsible for the development and execution of the food safety plan, identified in FSMA as PCQIs. These are typically senior management level employees.
PCQI Online training will teach you how to:
- Apply HARPC principles
- Build a food safety plan using GMPs
- Integrate the food safety principles of HACCP into HARPC and expand the hazard analysis process
- Understand preventive controls along with the management components necessary to ensure they are implemented and effective
- Identify the components necessary for a product-specific food safety plan and know how to create a food safety plan outline
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive 0.7 IACET continuing education units.
- Module One: The Food Safety Modernization Act: Advancing Prevention Focused Food Safety Systems
- Module Two: Personnel: Roles and Responsibilities for Food Safety
- Module Three: Identifying and Evaluating Hazards in the Production Environment
- Module Four: Hazard Analysis and The Process Flow Diagram
- Module Five: The Written Food Safety Plan
- Module Six: Sanitation, Allergens, and Environmental Controls
- Module Seven: Supply Chain Controls
- Module Eight: The Recall Plan and Recordkeeping with Related Supplier/Audit Actions
- Module Nine: Putting It All Together – Building the Food Safety Plan
- Module Ten: Food Safety Plan Outline: Final Project
Enrollments are accepted any time. Each interactive lesson has built-in quizzes to test your knowledge throughout the course. You have three years to complete the course. After successful completion, you can print a certificate of completion.
You will need a PC or tablet with internet access
- Chrome – should be within 2 releases of the latest version
- FireFox - should be within 2 releases of the latest version
- IE – IE 11 and above
- Safari on OS x - should be within 1 release of the latest version