Food facility equipment training that will help you identify and repair maintenance issues.
Earn the skills needed to troubleshoot food facility equipment maintenance issues before they become a major headache. With this AIB distance learning course, you can do all of your training on your own time.
Included in the course are illustrated concepts to help make topics easier to understand and remember. As part of your course materials, you’ll receive review questions keyed with lesson references as well as printed lessons to keep with you after you’ve completed the course. To help you take the required exams throughout the food facility equipment training, you’ll get self-check quizzes that help you determine where you need to study. Plus, this course is offered in English and Spanish.
Who will benefit from Maintenance Engineering training?
Bakery engineers, Training directors, Maintenance personnel, both those new to bakery maintenance and seasoned veterans, will gain insight into many critical disciplines in the field.
After this course, you’ll know how to:
- Troubleshoot major problem areas within food facility equipment maintenance
- Make repairs that promote a food safe working environment
- Relate bakery-specific maintenance examples to your actual workplace scenarios
- Make preventive maintenance repairs that avoid line shutdown
- Mathematics - Basic Computation
- Mathematics - Weights, Measures and Formulas
- Applied Mechanics - Forces and Energy
- Applied Mechanics - Solids, Liquids and Gases
- Applied Mechanics - Heat and Temperature
- Basic Electricity
- Electrical Energy and Power
- RCL Circuits
- Electric Motors and Generators
- Motor Control
- Basic Electronics
- Programmable Controllers
- Refrigerants, Accessories and Piping
- Charging and Troubleshooting a Refrigeration System
- Principles of Hydraulics
- Hydraulics Components
- Hydraulic Components, Operation, and Maintenance
- Bearings and Lubrication
- Oxyacetylene Welding, and Brazing
- Arc Welding, MIG, and TIG Welding
- Preventive Maintenance
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive 1.3 IACET continuing education units.
Enrollments are accepted any time. Upon enrollment students will be shipped all course lessons. Lesson exams are online. Exam instructions will be e-mailed upon enrollment. To receive a document of completion, students must submit an online exam for each lesson with a passing score of 70% or higher.
Time allowed to complete the course: 3 years.
- Internet access
- E-mail account (must be individual)