Insect Pest Management Online
Understand common stored product insects and food plant insects and methods used to prevent and control these pests with AIB’ food facility pest management training in insect pests.
With more than two million known insect species, few are considered food plant pests. Through a better understanding of the habits, life cycles, and ecology of common invaders, we can begin to understand how to control them effectively.
Get to know the biology of insects in common stored products and food plants. As part of this online pest management course, you’ll learn how good sanitation practices, food plant inspections, and control methods impact the insect activity in your plant.
Who will benefit from this Insect Pest Management Online training?
Insect Pests Management Online training was designed with new food safety, production, and maintenance employees in mind.
After this course, you’ll know how to:
- Relate the growth, development, and anatomy of common insect pests to the activity in your plant
- Use insect behavior to determine the point of entry into your facility
- Differentiate between common stored product insects including: internal infesting insects, external infesting insects, scavengers, and secondary external insects
- Differentiate between common food plant structural insects including: cockroaches, flies, ants, silverfish, and psocids
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive 1.3 IACET continuing education units.
Enrollments are accepted any time. Complete the course with a self-check quiz and final exam. Students who receive a 70% or above on the final exam will receive a document of completion.
Time allowed to complete the course: 3 Years.
- Internet access
- E-mail account (must be individual)
- Adobe Reader