Online Food Safety Essentials Training
Pay one low rate and train your entire company!
Food Safety Essentials is a cost-effective online training program that supports all your food safety programs and meets your training needs. Reduce the time you spend scheduling and budgeting training by letting our automated system record and update your training records. And save by training your employees right from your own facility.
With your subscription, you’ll receive an administrative account to easily manage it all, as well as student access to 15 unique training courses.
View a demo of Food Safety Essentials.
Who will benefit from Food Safety Essentials online training?
Make sure your QA technicians, maintenance crew, line workers, temporary workers, and hourly personnel are all on the same page as management. Train your English-speaking and Spanish-speaking employees with this bilingual product for no additional cost.
After this course, you’ll know more about:
- How personal hygiene impacts product contamination
- The three types of hazards, the seven principles of HACCP, and the difference between processes that are "in control" and those that are "out of control”
- Common allergen cross-contamination issues and how to prevent them
- The difference between food safety and food defense
- How to use and check foreign material control devices
- How to properly clean equipment, utensils, and waste areas
- How to control rodent populations
- Your role in preventing food contamination from microorganisms
- Situations to look for and correct during inspections
- How to keep storage buildings pest free.
- Common issues during equipment startup and breakdown
- How temperature affects food safety and quality
- What to look for after materials have been unloaded
- How to properly store allergenic materials
- Steps taken during a recall
- Allergen Control
- Food Defense
- Foreign Material Control
- Cleaning Practices and Schedules
- Pest Control
- Basic Microbiology
- Building Maintenance
- Outside Grounds
- Equipment Maintenance
- Incoming Material Inspections
- Temperature Control
- Storage Practices
- Traceability and Recall
Check out our FAQs, Course Objectives, and student and administrator instruction page.
Enrollments are accepted any time. To purchase 12 months of access for your employees, select the appropriate number of participants below. Use this option for new purchases only. To renew your subscription, call us to have your expiration date extended.
- Internet access
- E-mail account (must be individual)
- Adobe Reader