Food Defense Coordinator Online
Online food defense training for developing a plan to mitigate identified vulnerabilities and prevent intentional adulteration
Food defense isn't a new concept, but it is a new requirement that all food facilities must meet due to FDA's Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) regulations. It's a vital component of a food protection plan for the food industry. Driven by government regulations, certification programs, and customer requirements, food facilities are tasked with developing sound food defense programs to limit the concern for intentional adulteration.
Challenge how you would handle intentional adulteration in your food plant with the help of our online training. The completely renovated course relates directly back to your customer requirements, the FSMA final ruling, and GFSI certification standards. Learn how to design a comprehensive food defense plan that focuses on FDA's newly-imposed regulations with our easy-to-navigate online training.
Food Defense Coordinator Certification
Successful completion of the Food Defense Coordinator Online course is one of two steps. Once you have successfully completed the Food Defense Coordinator Online course, you will be automatically enrolled in an optional Food Defense Coordinator Certification exam.
Become an AIB Certified Food Defense Coordinator by achieving a score of 80% or higher on the online certification exam within 30 days of course completion.
What will I learn in this online training?
The course is composed of eight modules and a final exam.
- Module 1: Food Defense Basics
- Module 2: FSMA Overview
- Module 3: Food Defense Plan Preliminaries
- Module 4: Vulnerability Assessment
- Module 5: Mitigation Strategies
- Module 6: Management for Mitigation Strategies
- Module 7: Training & Record Keeping
- Module 8: Review, Resources + Glossary
Who would benefit from Food Defense Coordinator Online?
This course is a must have for anyone assigned the responsibility to develop, implement, and manage a food defense program for a facility or corporation. The course is targeted to anyone in a facility required to manage food defnese, develop the program, or supervise mitigation.
After this online training, you'll know how to:
- Differentiate between a food safety and food defense program
- Develop and implement a food defense program
- Mitigate potential intentional adulteration events
- Apply the elements of a food defense team, plan, and policies by writing examples of food defense policies
- Complete a vulnerability assessment and choose appropriate mitigation strategies for significant identified vulnerabilities
- Develop monitoring procedures, corrective actions, verification activities, and reanalysis requirements as defined by the vulnerability assessment
- Develop employee food defense training sessions that meet FDA's expectations
Enrollments are accepted any time. Each interactive lesson has built-in quizzes to test your knowledge throughout the course. Following the course you must complete an exam and receive a score of 70% or above. After successful completion, you can print a document of completion.
- Time allowed to complete the course: 3 Years