You'll learn about FSMA requirements, hazard analysis, preventive controls (process, sanitation, allergen, supply chain), developing a food safety plan (monitoring, verification and validation procedures, developing a recall plan, recordkeeping procedures), and GMPs. In addition, HARPC Online addresses food defense, foreign supplier verification program, and creating a food safety culture.
Who will benefit from Online Preventive Controls Training?
This course is focused on the personnel who support the Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) with the development and execution of the preventive controls plan (HARPC). The food safety team leader is required to complete the FDA-recognized FSPCA Preventive Controls for Human Foods course or equivalent training.
HARPC Online is a great training option for:
- Food safety team members
- Management team at each site
- Personnel responsible for monitoring preventive controls, conducting verification under HARPC, and assisting with validation of preventive controls.
- Those who manufacture FDA-regulated products in the US or distribute them to the US
HARPC Online training will teach you how to:
- Apply HARPC principles
- Build a food safety plan using GMPs
- Integrate the food safety principles of HACCP into HARPC, and expand the hazard analysis process
- Understand preventive controls along with the management components necessary to ensure they are implemented and effective
- Identify the components necessary for a product-specific food safety plan and know how to create a food safety plan outline
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive 0.7 IACET continuing education units.
- Module One: The Food Safety Modernization Act: Advancing Prevention Focused
- Module Two: Personnel: Roles and Responsibilities for Food Safety
- Module Three: Identifying and Evaluating Hazards in the Production
- Module Four: Hazard Analysis and The Process Flow Diagram
- Module Five: The Written Food Safety Plan
- Module Six: Sanitation, Allergens, and Environmental Controls
- Module Seven: Supply Chain Controls
- Module Eight: The Recall Plan and Recordkeeping with Related Supplier/Audit
- Module Nine: Putting It All Together – Building the Food Safety Plan
- Module Ten: Food Safety Plan Outline: Final Project
Enrollments are accepted any time. Each interactive lesson has built-in quizzes to test your knowledge throughout the course. You have three years to complete the course. After successful completion, you can print a certificate of completion.
You will need a PC or tablet with internet access
- Chrome – should be within 2 releases of the latest version
- FireFox - should be within 2 releases of the latest version
- IE – IE 11 and above
- Safari on OS x - should be within 1 release of the latest version