Variety Hearth Breads Online
AIB International's Variety Hearth Breads Online course focuses on the unique product characteristics, ingredients and processing variations used in the production of hearth breads such as baguettes, ciabatta and sourdough. In this online baking specialist course, you'll learn the art of making artisan-level hearth breads!
Refine your basic bread knowledge with artisan-level training.
The demand for artisan-style breads - such as hearth breads and sourdough - continues to increase as consumers look for fresh, handmade, and natural options.
Work at your own pace, assess your understanding with pre- and post-tests, and gain the knowledge you need to further your baking career. Combine with any of the online courses in our Baking Specialist Collection to excel even further.
Offered on the LearningLab@AIB cloud platform!
Who will benefit from the Variety Hearth Breads Online course?
Any baker seeking to enhance their understanding of variety hearth breads will gain a wealth of practical information from this baking training course. Production supervisors, managers, as well as line supervisors, will find invaluable benefits in the course content.
After this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain characteristics of hearth and sourdough breads
- Identify unique finished-product attributes of hearth breads
- Differentiate between processing techniques used for hearth and sourdough breads versus pan breads
- List the ingredients and percentages used in hearth bread and sourdough bread formulas
- Describe the key processing points for producing hearth products
- Understand the requirements and the characteristics created when using steam on hearth bread products
- Describe differences in traditional sourdoughs and sourdough bases and cultures
- List acceptable benchmark ranges of production settings for sourdough pan breads
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive 0.3 IACET continuing education units.
Enrollments are accepted anytime; students complete the work on their own schedule. Students scoring 80 percent or higher on the post-test will receive a document of completion. All students are allotted three years to complete the course.
Take a sneak peak at the course