Hamburger Buns Online
Discover the formulation and processing secrets behind top quality hamburger buns.
According to a 2017 report from Snack Food and Wholesale Bakery hamburger buns are a $2 billion retail sales category in the United States alone. When you add in the amount of buns that go into food service and expand globally, the industry category explodes with growth!
AIB International's Hamburger Buns Online training focuses on unique product characteristics, ingredients and processing variations used in the production of hamburger and hot dog buns. In this online baking specialist course, you'll learn about acceptable ranges of production settings and discover internal and external characteristics of a finished product with excellent quality.
Work at your own pace, assess your understanding with pre- and post-tests, and gain the knowledge you need to further your baking career. Production supervisors, managers, as well as line supervisors, will find valuable benefits in the course content.
Offered on the LearningLab@AIB cloud platform!
Who will benefit from the Hamburger Buns Online course?
Any baker seeking to enhance their understanding of hamburger bun production will gain a wealth of practical information from this baking training. Production and line supervisors and managers will find invaluable benefits in this course content.
After this course, you’ll understand:
- Unique product characteristics of hamburger and hot dog buns.
- Ingredient changes for hamburger and hot dog buns formulations.
- Unique process variations for bun production, including: mixing, dividing, rounding, proofing, moulding, topping, baking, cooling and packaging.
- Benchmark ranges of production settings for hamburger and hot dog buns (equipment settings, times, temperatures, relative humidity, pH/TTA).
- Internal and external quality characteristics of a well-finished product.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive 0.2 IACET continuing education units.
Enrollments are accepted anytime; and students complete the work on their own schedules. Students who score 80 percent or higher on the post-test will receive a document of completion. All students are allotted three years to take the course.
Take a sneak peak at the course